left

Electric Scooters for Increased Mobility

Elderly people having a hard time walking can use electric scooters for increased mobility. At E-Scooter Online Store, we understand how designs have vastly improved through the years to make this a welcome and practical choice.

We now have mobility scooters with three or four wheels propelled by lithium battery packs and a motor. A mobility scooter rider must have an upright posture and shoulder, as well as adequate hand-upper body strength.

Mobility Scooter Features

Mobility scooters offer greater flexibility of movement than walkers, canes, or manual wheelchairs can. Explore sensible options before investing in battery-powered or motorized vehicles with three or four wheels.

Fitted with cushioned seats and backrests, these are available in a variety of types and sizes. Some units can be folding types that can be transported by car, rail, boat, or airline. Others can be kept in vehicle trunks and disassembled into five sections.

Most mobility scooters can carry up to 500 pounds and can be used to travel up to 15 miles or more, depending on the type and model. Mobility scooter units usually come with the following:

  • Lighting Features
  • Storage Space
  • Adjustable Armrests
  • Steering Columns

Steering column or tiller heights can be modified to suit the users’ height. Soon, two-seater scooters will be released for more comfort.

right
right (1)

Things To Consider Before You Buy

Consider practicality and applicability for uses around the home or going shopping, traversing tough terrain, or ascending a hill. Find a model that’s suitable for the mobility required.

Please know that Medicare covers 80% of the cost. This makes the remaining 20% an out-of-pocket cost. E-Scooter Online Store does not accept Medicare payment modes and only accepts credit card orders.

Find mobility scooters that can bear loads ranging from 200 to 500 pounds.

Select scooters offering easy handling capabilities. Foldable types can be readily dismantled and loaded onto road vehicles, trains, or airplanes and are ideal for short and long-distance travels.

Ensure stability when moving about. Please know that 4-wheeled scooters offer more stability than 3-wheeled varieties.

Mobility scooter speeds vary. Choose from the following options:

  • Class 2 Scooters With a Top Speed of 4 Miles per Hour
  • Class 3 Scooters With a Top Speed of 8 Miles per Hour
  • User Safety
  • Road Safety
  • Airline Friendliness
  • Seat Cushioning
  • Manufacturer Support (Maintenance and Technical)

Riding Tips To Consider

  • 1 Recognize all scooter functionality
  • 2 First-time users may start slowly
  • 3 Increase speed gradually upon mastery
  • 4 Negotiate challenging terrain cautiously
  • 5 Never text whenever you are driving
  • 6 Ascertain the scooter-friendliness of areas to visit
  • 7 Add audible alert systems to highlight presence (in poor visibility situations)

Find the Most Suitable Model

Think about practicality, safety, and user-friendly features whenever selecting mobility scooters to purchase. If you wish to ask for additional product information, please get in touch with us.

A man is standing on the back of an electric scooter.